Kelp Meal Bar
This Meal Bar contains five of the six essential nutrients that your body needs on a daily basis: vitamins, minerals, protein, fat, carbohydrates.
Meal Bar ~great for traveling, camping, or when you need a quick nutritious snack~
Recipe makes about 15 bars.
• 2/3 cup rolled oats, wheat or barley (or combine all up to 2/3 cups)
Grind into a coarse powder (use coffee mill or food processor).
• 1/3 cup rolled oats, wheat or barley (or combine)
• 1/2 cup sunflower or sesame seeds (ground into a coarse powder)
• 1/4 cup wheat germ
• 1/4 cup dry wild blueberries
• 1 cup nonfat dry milk
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
• 2 heaping TBL Wild Kelp Flakes or (1/2 level TBL Wild kelp powder available at: www.bckelp.com)
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 1/2 cup wild honey or Maple syrup.
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (Optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease, butter, oil or spray bottom of a 9-inch square or 9-by-13 inch baking pan.
Measure the oil, then the honey or maple syrup.
1) In a medium bowl, combine oats, seeds, wheat germ, dry milk, cinnamon and Kelp, then mix.
2) Mix in the canola oil, honey or maple syrup, vanilla extract, and dried blueberries. Mix well and then pour into the oiled baking pan. Press down with wooden spoon or hands and bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Check after 10 minutes or so to prevent burning.
3) Remove from the oven, place on flat surface. While still warm cut into bars.
4) Store in fridge in an airtight container. Will keep about 1 week.
To keep longer, place in Ziploc bags and freeze. Enjoy!